YES, another pen and ink blog. There are certainly a lot of bloggers writing about pens, ink and paper, some people say that it is an "epidemic and you have just been infected!!" well... yes... I have been infected... and a few years later from picking up my first fountain pen (more about this later), here I am writing a blog about fountain pens and inks. I started thinking about starting this blog a few weeks ago. The main reason for writing about pens and ink is because I want to share this epidemic and infect others on using fountain pens. Most of the time people ask me "Why are you using that pen?"or "Can I borrow a pen?" and when I give them a fountain pen they don't even know how to hold it... and some of them have given it back to me saying "I don't know how to use this thing". This is not a bad thing at all, but it is sad that people are forgetting how to use writing instruments to express themselves. The main reason on starting this blog is to give you (the reader) the following:
- Valuable information about fountain pens, ink and paper and everything about this topic.
- Another opportunity to compare pens, inks and different kind of papers if you are planning to buy these instruments (helping you to make the right decision).
- Have another point of view on the reviews of pens, inks and paper for fountain pen users.
- Teach others on how and why to use a fountain pen.
When was the last time you got a hand written letter? maybe you don't remember... another question... when was the last time you got an email? Probably a few seconds ago. there is no doubt that email and electronic communication is more efficient, but it is not as personal as a hand written letter or message. The person that receives a hand written letter can understand that there was work involved on writing that letter. Getting the paper, grabbing the pen, and actually writing with the pen and making this hand movement to create these letters, this is no easy task! Every hand written letter is unique! It is a personal thing, it is human! I personally do not want to loose this, for me it is one of the most purest form of expressing who you are.
I hope you like my blog... I'm just starting at this... pen reviews are coming in so let me know if you have questions or comments below!!
No comments:
Post a Comment